shia labeouf looks like the uncle of a friend all your other friends have crushes on and spy on at her birthday sleepover, because he’s living on their couch after an elusive time away, and he corners you in the kitchen to tell you the story of how he punched a woodland creature during his year travelling. and you’re like, I’m literally just getting some ice thanks. and he’s like, okay, stay in school, stay in school.
why am I so proud? they’re only partially burnt.
five hours in the kitchen over one squash. pumpkin, orange, and cinnamon cake/roasted pumpkin seeds with garlic, sea salt, lemon, and mint/pumpkin and pepper pasta sauce.
Sometimes this really seems to shock people. They appear genuinely upset when I say ‘this conversation is over’ or ‘I’m actually not interested in debating this with you.’ There’s an expectation that if you care about social justice and political issues, you’re always ‘on.’ You’re always ready to debate, you’re always ready to have theoretical discussions about your own lived experiences and the issues you care about, you’re always ready to defend yourself. That’s manifestly ridiculous and unjust, an expectation that’s simply not reasonable. — Sometimes, I Just Don’t Have Time for Individual Fights | this ain’t livin’ (via geometricity)
Jen, I have every single coupon that Bath and Body Works has. — Sylvia Plath (via fatseux)
(Source: incorrectsylviaplathquotes, via morrigan-disapproves)
things on tumblr that definitely need to stop: side-wide short-lived obsessions with women of color that involve reblogging their pictures and tagging them with “actual disney princess ruler of the universe and queen of the unicorns” and forgetting about them a week later (see: lupita nyongo, diane guerrero, dascha polanco)
this is so ridiculous and tacky. i must have it.
(Source: speakingfrenchcanadiangirl, via damnhistrionics)
my sister bought a decently sized pumpkin to make a casserole last night (plus I think just to have displayed in the kitchen because she got in the autumn/Halloween spirit on September 1st), except we found some in the freezer that my mum had already diced so we used that instead. I’d already scooped out the one my sister brought home and quartered it and put it in the fridge though, so I’ve been in the kitchen since 9am. so far I’ve made a pumpkin spaghetti sauce, roasted pumpkin seeds, and an orange and pumpkin cake. I’m using the word cake loosely, btw. we still have over half left, so I think I’m gonna make a pumpkin and lentil soup later on too.
and then I never want to eat another one for the rest of my life.
i tried to leave a note re: some cardboard things at work, but then i reread it and was like “wow. chillax, jenny holzer.”
my questions for anta-ra, crocusleaf, flannery-culp, honeysloughs, morrigan-disapproves, thesecretwordisbosco, pepper-coast esotericcoteries, alchera, howdoyouspellcoconut, mariama93, wangyibing, sweetestkelewele, and itshotintheclubgurl are:
1. is there a particular cosmetic product for you (like a perfume or shampoo or lotion) that has really strong memories attached to its scent, e.g: a person or a particular place or day?
2. what is your morning routine on an average day?
3. what is your favourite time of year? (be as specific as you want)
4. what’s a time where you’ve felt deliriously happy (no substances involved)?
5. what’s the most outrageous belief you had about where you’d be at the age you are now, when you were a little kid?
6. is there a lyric that really struck you with how much you relate to it? what is it? (if you don’t mind sharing.)
7. what’s the most important thing you’ve learned since you turned eighteen?
8. is there a way you would you like to be thought of in terms of your style and personality?
9. are you comfortable with vulnerability?
10. what’s the most trouble you got in at school before the age of sixteen?
11. is there anything incredibly specific that you have an interest in? like, a historical figure, or a particular phenomenon, or a craft?
this is one of those ask-11-questions-tag-people things, but in my experience, thinking up questions and tagging is really difficult. I actually really felt like doing this though, so if anyone wants to do the same, the rules are under the cut as well as my answers to anta-ra's questions, who is beautiful and smart in ways beyond compare, including the ability to think of questions that require serious brain power. (and obvs you don't have to do this at all if you already have/you don't want to.)